By Christian Mabry | 3/18/2021, 11:00 AM CST
After a seemingly endless four years with Trump at the helm, were you ready for progress? Did you believe that the Democratic Party would send out the $2000 checks they promised in exchange for your vote? Were you holding your breath for the first minimum wage increase in over a decade? Did you expect law enforcement to finally be held accountable for their actions? Were you thinking “Well, at least the Democrats can finally accomplish something as simple as fixing potholes and crumbling bridges across the nation now that they have the majority in the House and Senate along with the presidency”?
Think again, because the Democratic establishment has a new secret weapon: Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia.
Thanks to Manchin, not only can they guarantee absolutely no meaningful legislation passes the Senate, but they can also blame him for their failure to abolish the filibuster, citing his “noble” belief that the other side deserves to “be heard,” and by “be heard,” he means “prevent anything positive from happening.”
But wait, there’s more!
• Kentucky Senate passes a bill that would make it a misdemeanor to disrespect a cop
• Jurors for the Floyd/Chauvin trial are being chosen
• Family of George Floyd wins $27 million in a lawsuit against Minneapolis
• Merrick Garland confirmed as Attorney General
• Senator Sanders claims that the minimum wage increase will eventually pass
• Hundreds cross the border daily and are taken into custody—immigration system remains a failure
• The U.S. continues to drown in federal student loan debt
• Several hundred bills that propose changes to our voting system are introduced on the state level
• “For the People Act” resurfaces, offering voting access for millions of disenfranchised Americans
• Biden signs an executive order telling federal agencies to create a plan to increase voter turnout
• “The PRO Act” passes the House, not expected to pass the Senate
• White House feed cut after Biden offers to answer questions
• Trump plans to return to social media within months, probably to new platforms
• Blinken and Biden position themselves to take credit for Trump administration efforts to end the war in Afghanistan
• Women continue to step forward with allegations against Cuomo—6 so far
• 19 journalists are still in jail in Myanmar
• UN Myanmar Human Rights leader says at least 70 victims so far
• Russia has slowed down and threatened to outlaw Twitter, claims the U.S. is censoring them with it
• China has officially put the last nail in the coffin that is Hong Kong’s freedoms, using the term “patriotic” to describe its legislation
• The Biden administration plans to raise individual taxes, estate tax, corporate tax
• Purdue Pharma family continues to be free after destroying the lives of millions worldwide
• More pieces of Dead Sea Scrolls have been discovered
• U.S. Intel: China and Iran rooted for Biden, Russia preferred Trump
Watch the video above for an in-depth analysis of these topics.
Be the first to know when we release new content: