By Christian Mabry | 2/26/2021, 12:01 PM CST
If we were to tell you that we live in a society without a militarized police force that is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people each year, many of whom were unarmed, we would be lying.
If we were to tell you that we live in a society with a militarized police force that is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people each year, many of whom were unarmed, but those people are at least held accountable for their actions, we would also be lying.
In the case of Daniel Prude—a mentally ill man who, at the time of his murder, was not only unarmed, but also ass naked in the middle of the winter with a “spit sack” on his head and his hands cuffed behind his back—one would think that in “the greatest country on Earth,” the individuals responsible would be punished to the fullest extent of the law. One would be wrong: no charges will be brought against the killers.
But wait, there’s more!
• Joe Manchin publicly opposes nominating Neera Tanden
• Australia proposes a law requiring Facebook to pay news outlets for showcasing their content—Facebook responds by banning the news
• Massive immigration bill that has no chance of passing is proposed by the Democratic Party in order to virtue signal while accomplishing nothing
• Robinhood and Citadel Securities CEOS, along with u/DeepFuckingValue, are questioned by House Financial Services Committee
• Andrew Yang, NYC Mayor frontrunner, proposes “People’s Bank”
• Biden administration declares state of emergency in Texas following massive weather-related power outages
• Ted Cruz flies to Mexico instead of working for his constituents
• Eight shot in Philadelphia, suspect arrested
• IAEA finds undisclosed uranium in Iran, raising concerns
• Biden administration plans to rejoin previously negotiated nuclear deal, but there will be changes
• Farmers continue to protest in India
• Navalny is denied prison sentence appeal
• A rapper is arrested in Spain for exercising his right to free speech
• Two more are killed in Myanmar as military-controlled de facto government uses live rounds on those protesting to restore democracy
• Australia reaches deal with Facebook, news is restored across the country
• Former NYPD officer claims that the FBI forced him and others to assist them in assassinating Malcolm X
• Trump is expected to claim that he is the 2024 GOP presumptive nominee at a convention in Florida
• MyPillow CEO and outspoken QAnon conspiracy theorist sued for 1.3 billion dollars
• Illinois passes major criminal justice reform bill
Watch the video above for an in-depth analysis of these topics.
Get our newsletter delivered directly to your inbox: