By Christian Mabry | 2/19/2021, 12:01 PM CST
Unsurprisingly, spineless Republican senators failed, for the second time, to hold Donald Trump accountable for his actions. This utter abortion of justice was ushered in by a 57-43 vote, cementing in history the fact our current system is an abject failure when it boils down to holding the rich accountable for their actions.
Watching Senator McConnell vote to acquit the former president and then, moments later, admit that he is guilty of the charges leveled against him, was a stark reminder that a massive percentage of the U.S. population not only still supports the aspiring dictator, but literally believes he won the election.
What a time to be alive.
But wait, there’s more!
• Kyrsten Sinema teams up with Joe Manchin to keep millions of people in poverty
• Biden plans to close Guantanamo Bay
• Deputy Press Secretary Ducklo steps down after attacking Politico journalist
• Biden admin buys enough COVID vaccine to inoculate the majority of Americans
• The CDC pushes to reopen schools
• UK revokes Chinese Global TV Network license, China bans BBC News in the entire country
• The Supreme Court overturns Alabama law barring religious leaders from being in the room during executions
• Two stabbed in NYC subway
• 12-year-old shoots intruders, saving his grandmother’s life
• Biden pushes for senseless gun control laws
• Biden admin sanctions Myanmar
• UN members call for sanctions on Myanmar, believe they are using live rounds against civilians
• Saudi Arabian woman who was arrested for driving a car has been released
• Navalny’s supporters continue to protest
• Rockets hit Erbil in Iraq—Blinken says U.S. will bring perpetrators to justice
• Cuomo refuses to apologize for sending COVID-positive patients from hospitals back to nursing homes
Watch the video above for an in-depth analysis of these topics.
Be the first to know when we release new content: