By Christian Mabry | 2/12/2021, 12:01 PM CST
The Democratic Party is officially using budget reconciliation in order to pass the latest coronavirus relief bill, which will include $1400 checks, rather than the $2000 payments that were promised by the party in exchange for votes.
Vice President Kamala “Supercop” Harris cast the tie-breaking vote.
The proposal also passed the House, securing the votes of a whopping zero Republicans.
Cancel student debt already
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has teamed up with Elizabeth Warren, pressuring the Biden administration to cancel up to $50,000 worth of student loan debt per student in what appears to be an attempt to fight off the looming possibility of being primaried by AOC.
Biden continues to pass the buck, leaving it up to Congress to act upon.
Fake news is being sued for spreading fake news
Smartmatic is suing Fox News, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and three television hosts, including Lou Dobbs for a grand total of 2.7 billion dollars, prompting the prominent right-wing propaganda outlet to cancel Lou Dobbs Tonight, a popular show on Fox Business.
The network claims that it is entirely unrelated to the lawsuit. We call bullshit.
They can raise the minimum wage. Will they?
The Congressional Budget Office says that an increase in the minimum wage will increase the national deficit by over 50 billion dollars, opening the door for Democrats to pass it using budget reconciliation.
For those who are wondering how it could cost the taxpayer, the CBO claims that, due to layoffs from the (much needed) wage increase, more people would lose their healthcare, making them eligible for programs such as Medicaid.
Thanks for making the universal healthcare argument for us!
Trump’s second impeachment trial
If you haven’t watched the impeachment trial, you can keep up with it on C-Span’s website or YouTube channel:
But wait, there’s more!
• Biden says the $15 minimum wage may not pass
• Iran says we must make the first move if we want them to return to the Iran Nuclear Deal
• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene narrowly voted out of her committees, 230-199
• Trump declines to testify at his impeachment trial
• CA churches were stopped from holding indoor services–the Supreme Court overturns it
• VA will be the 23rd state to end executions
• The officer who murdered Andre Hill has been charged with murder, following investigation
• Corporate Democrats introduce ridiculous gun control bill that proposes massive prison sentences and fines
• Myanmar is blocking major social media outlets in an attempt to extinguish protests
• A Russian Journalist is given nearly a month in jail for retweeting a tweet
• The doctor who saved Navalny’s life “randomly” dies
• The US, France, Britain, and others are calling for Navalny’s release
• Biden rejoins the UN Human Rights Council
• Georgia’s Secretary of State is looking into Trump’s phone call requesting more votes
• Chainalysis reports that North Korea has been stealing cryptocurrency to pay for its nuclear weapons development
• Roughly 20% of all deaths in 2018 are potentially connected to pollution
Watch the video above for an in-depth analysis of these topics.
Get our newsletter delivered directly to your inbox: